Friday, November 25, 2011
Holiday Wish List
OK, so I really am one of those, "You don't need to buy me anything" folks (and I truly mean it, I'd much rather find gifts over receiving) and, as a lover of things thrifted and old, I rarely want anything "new". I also do not do Black Friday (I worked retail for many years to get through college and did my share of BF from the other side). However, in the spirit of fun and all that is American consumerism, I thought I would make a list of what I would love to find under the tree...for me!
1. Charles Frazier's latest book Nightwoods. I loved both Cold Mountain (I also love the movie version of this book) and the wonderful historic Thirteen Moons. I thrifted copies of both of his former books, but Nightwoods is really new.
2. Any of these artists' latest albums: Features (and a ticket to their Jan. 13 show in Louisville would be fabulous as well), Feist, Coeur de Pirates or Snow Patrol.
3. A couple of these repo vintage stuffed animal patterns.
4. This wonderful print from Why Louisville. Actually, while you are there, I would also love this t-shirt!
5. Goodwill (or other thrift store) gift cards. Santa Baby, really, this one is a no-brainer!
6. Coffee shop gift card. Love, love, love my caffeinated drinks.
What would be on your list?