Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thrift Share: It's been a long, long time


I haven't posted about this because it really is like an addict's dream/nightmare: a few months ago a new vintage flea market opened up literally across the street from my apartment in Louisville. Now, I really have done well resisting it's blessed siren call (and even a garage full of cheap, rough items!), but today I was walking by and thought, "Why not, I can't hear...I can at least look at some lovely vintage crap!"

Oh my...this place is much, much worse than I thought. Cheap. Full to the brim. Wonderful selection. Damn.


I made it through roughly 1/10th before I took my finds and high-tailed it out of there. Way too dangerous. I ended up with a great coffee table (needs a bit of TLC and will share it later), a figurine, 2 bird pictures, and a "Jar of Junk" for less than $30 (and the table was most of that, believe me).


Now did I actually need a "Jar of Junk"? Um, no...but Oh MY Goodness, look at that little china beagle!

2 comments:

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

so awesome!! where is that?? we are goign to do a lousiville junking trip for my birthday i a few weeks and i think i neeeed to go there. i love the jar of junk!!!!!

fabriquefantastique said...

this post made me smile...