Thursday, December 8, 2011

12 X 12




I can so relate to this post and challenge started by Oh, Hello Friend (but found via Van's Thriftcore). I've posted my 41 goals a couple of times and have really been trying hard to accomplish them by next Oct, but I am only making slow progress. I need to jump start my goal list a bit. And, give myself a little morale booster as well.

The point of this challenge is to actually cross everything off a list (I think or at least this is what I am taking from this challenge. I, too, am a serial, procrastinating list maker). I have many, many items I need to get done before the end of the month (and New Year!) and, unfortunately, most them center around my ever-busy job.

On top of that, I actually made a sale on the Etsy site (and it made it safe and sound to its happy new home), so I guess I will stick with it a bit longer. I have been stockpiling junk for years anyway, no, let's be honest here, I am beginning to see signs of hoarding!*

*Inserting footnote in center: Not the icky kind anyway!

I need to purge, lighten my load a bit, clear the physical stuff, so the all the other stuff can calm the F down in my life. Plus, I really want to showcase my favorite finds, but I seem to have lost a direction in the chaos that has been 2011 (and the last part of 2010).

Sadly, I just discovered this challenge, so I am not going to disappoint myself by making a list of twelve I will in no way shape or form accomplish in 23 days. S0, I am making a list of 8. Seems like a nice, round number.

Speaking of numbers, and a bit of an aside, I have guessed the winning Powerball two weekends in a row! And, of course, I have never bought a ticket! :)



Ok, seems I am procrastinating again...

12 8 by 2012:

1. Finish all my case files (work thing)



2. Bake Christmas cookies (hopefully this weekend)



3. File, shred, or recycle 2011 paperwork (at least Jan-Nov)



4. Send package to friend in AU (hang head in shame-it's been months)



5. Clean garage (and to borrow Van's word: BE BRUTAL)



6. Paint and decorate Lyndon's castle (this one better be crossed off by the 25th!)



7. File my piles of papers in my office (work thing)



8. Complete Individual Development Plan by due date (work thing)



9. List ten new items on the Etsy site.



(Yep, I added a ninth goal! Work seemed too heavily represented as usual).



Wish me luck! (Thanks, Van, for helping me find this challenge!)

No comments: