Thursday, December 15, 2011

Spurts

~Insert photo of happy puppy~

I seem to come and go here on the ol' blog. Mostly, as I have stated over and over, it has to do with a high-demand job and all the blessed traveling I do (both for a living and because of my seemingly transient lifestyle I have made for myself). Sometimes, I just don't blog unless it has to do with the thrifting habits (of which have been kind of sparse). I figure most of my readers are here for that bit and don't care to hear me blab about the so-called grey areas of my life.

Yes, I am in another grey area. This will be your only warning.

First, I have to say I am deeply concerned with Global Warming. I believe, as a once scientist, that we are in an environmental quandry. We are also in an economic quandry, as we all know, and combined, history is really making its mark on our backs.

I bring up the first because yesterday and today the temps in KY were nearly 70. It is mid-December! (And, I really hate to admit this to y'all, but I loved it!)

The other quandry is also a big complication. I have hinted about my career, but let's just say I am a "servant" and leave it at that. For the past few months, rumours have been flying all about us and whether we will have jobs through next year. Some of my very good friends-people I used to work with before moving to KY-are losing their jobs (well, some get to chose if they will transfer to a new location). This week I heard my own position is facing the same plight (transfer or lose the job).

Truth be told (and rumors are true) I will lose my job because I cannot transfer [again]. Four hours away from my children is far enough. I could not even fathom being able to only see them once or less per month due to distance. Sadly, because I have to travel so much for the job as it is, I have been unable to move them to stay mostly with me (husband still has his job up north and in-laws provide care). It really has been the hardest year of my life (and I am not just speaking figuratively).

Economically, losing my job will be hard on us. We have become used to my higher salary and the job perspective is not so sunny in No. Indiana. I would really have to be creative in finding a way to make ends meet. I sometimes wonder (especially on sleepless nights) if I will find another job in my field. I am full of doubt.

Of course, all could be rumors and only rumors, but time (as in the next few months) shall tell. i really just needed a kind ear to listen to my worries. Thanks!

3 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Thinking of you...

Rae - Say It Aint So said...

i really hope the rumors aren't true.

Gina said...

Thank you, Kim and Rae, for your kind words!