Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sneak Peek

Disclaimer: I stole these photographs from the MLS listing. I had to share!

(One of FIVE barns)
OK, so I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up on this "too-good-to-be-true-did-I-dream-this-place-up-in-my-head" house and land, but it is a "too-good-to-be-true-did-I-dream-this-place-up-in-my-head" kind of house!

(wood burning stove in living room)

I am looking at it week after next (due to work travels) and will take my own photos to share (always amazes me how Realtors take photos. I saw this place in person and the land photographs in the listing do not do it justice).

I found an awesome Buyer's Agent after some initial trouble getting my phone calls returned. I even called the listing agent and he was slow to return my call. She is excited and willing to work with our needs (this is the first time I have used a 'buyer's agent').

I am not going to hold back: I am in love with this place! It is everything I could dream up in my head (even the colors throughout the house: yellow, my favorite color; turquoise, lime green in one bedroom and lilac in a bathroom!)

4 comments:

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Looking forward to your next post...

Have a sweet Sunday xx

By the Bluegrass said...

Oh Yay! Good for you. I hope you get it. Is it in Shelbyville? Can't wait to see more.
And, I'd be happy to share the good thrifty places. All of the stuff in that last thrifty post came from your very favorite place (hehehe) GoodWill. I love them and hit them all up. I especially love Holiday Manner, St. Matthews and Middletown (it's a real mess in that one!) I love the former Louisville Antique Mall on Goss Avenue, Charlotte's Web in St. Matthews. But I haven't been there in a while. And, when I get a chance, I go up and down Frankfort Avenue and Bardstown Rd. Shelbyville has some good antiquing too!
xo,
Sena

Gina said...

Thanks, Saskia! I am really hoping I have time to post this weekend...crazy week!

Sena: Thanks for sharing!! I have been to almost all of the GW (I spotted the Middletown one the other day on the way to the Y,but didn't have time to stop. I actually shopped there my first 'official' weekend in Louisville, but forgot about it. Funny how my sense of direction has changed since living here a bit!) I also have walked through the old factory antique mall on Goss, but still need to check out some of the others (Charlotte's Web sounds interesting). I have been on Frankfort Ave for dinner (I believe it is called North End Cafe) and saw the eccentric's house that was rumored to be on American Pickers. I still need to go back during the day. I also found a few neat things at one the Peddlar's Mall (it's by a GW and a Tractor Supply store, but I am hardpressed to tell you where at the moment, LOL!!)

I'll be so happy to have a few weekends to check out some of the thrift markets around town soon. Thanks again for so generously sharing!!! ;)

Gina said...

Oh, I also shopped once at a thrift store over on Preston Highway area (near an Asian market). it is small and crowded, but the selection was nice the day I was there and the prices reasonable. Next time I am in the area I'll note the name and address and let you know where it is exactly.