Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Like a Proverbial Hole in the Head

(Neat ceramic bull and a gaggle of flocked bluebird picks found in Western KY)
ETA: The challenge is only open to those who already have an online shop. Darn...my main goal was to open the shop! I'll play along here without the link.
OK, so I like to commit to challenges on my blog. It's public. I apparently, however, do not like to follow through on challenges. As of today, February 1, I am suppose to have 30 clothing and shoe items for the 30 for 30 Remixer Challenge. I am also still working on the 2011 goals. Oh, and there was that one I came up with a few weeks ago where I planned to visit a new KY site each week. I can't remember the other ones I have mentioned this month. I am failing to complete (or barely start) any of them. (It certainly does not help that I am on the road again this week.)

But, but...

I really, really want to do this Reselling Challenge over at Apron Thrift Girl. I need this challenge! It actually goes hand-in-hand with some of the goals I have set for myself this year. It would help me de-clutter or at least feel like my thrifting serves some purpose. I have been a buyer for years; I really want to be a (re)seller! I mean I am not looking to be as good as all of the these folks I read about on her blog, but I like to find things...I just don't need things.

So, here it goes. Again. With this challenge, I am daring myself to finish my research on Ebay/Etsy selling (forgive me, I'm a scientist and can't jump without the research), set up an Etsy shop, and list five items. Yes, I know this is a teeny, tiny number, but I want to actually complete one of these challenges! And, to add salt to this challenge, I will include the stipulation that until I sell one item, I will stay out of the thrifts. There, I said it!

(Now I just have to do it...)

1 comment:

Monica said...

You can do it!!! :)