Monday, April 18, 2011

Thrift Share Tuesday: YS Saga Continues

OK, here is another shot of that lovely little MIJ puppy! The Yard Sale was worth it just for this guy. He makes me happy. I was looking through a bag of sewing notions and these patterns and she says, 'I'll give you the entire bag for $1.' SOLD! These are the toy and doll patterns. There are also a bunch of transfers in the bag. Yes, I am a 'dog person', but I have loved my share of cats in my life too. I also love and cannot resist old animal planters (I've been thrifting them since the late '80's!) She cost me a quarter. Bottom of neat vase I found. Made in Italy for Rosenthal Netter it says. Here is the cheerful front. It is good size and will look great with some calendula flowers this fall. If you look really close one of the petals has a tiny white spot (at about 10 o'clock). This is not a chip, but some sort of imperfection in the glaze. Maybe this is why it was so cheap ($1)? Gorgeous green glass swan and a spin head angel friend (one of many found among the Christmas junk.) Just can't resist the animal planter. Love this yellow, long-necked doe. Yellow is my favorite color. See what I mean about breaking my "No Smalls" rule. Yeah, when I break a rule I really rebel! OK, enough photos for tonight. Oh, there are more...lots more!* *Please mention when you've had enough!! :)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great finds! I would have totally scooped up the puppy, patterns (particularly the toys!) and the planter. :) I need to adopt that "no smalls" rule, I don't need anything else but so hard to resist . . .

Gina said...

I hear you! Found two more today at GW! :|

Seems we have the same taste in smalls! :)

Stacey B said...

Oh man, I love that vase...I would have scooped that up for sure!!!